DISEASE BACTERIA (bacterial DISEASE)
1. Red disease (Motile Aeromonas Septicemia)
Cause: Aeromonas hydrophila
• It is a bacterial disease that often occurs at all ages and types of freshwater fish, although the type of bacteria often found in brackish water and marine fish.
• Bacterial infections are usually associated with stress conditions due to: high density, malnutrition, poor handling, poor water quality, extreme fluctuations in water temperature, etc..
• The attack is acute, and if environmental conditions continue to decline, which caused the death can reach 100%.
• The color of the body dull / dark, decreased appetite, gathered near the drain, visible skin, and excess mucus.
• Bleeding at the base of the fins, tail, around the anus and other body parts.
• Scales loose, sores around the mouth, and other body parts.
• In severe infections, flabby stomach and swelling (dropsy) containing a yellowish red liquid.
• suffocate fish commonly found in surface and bottom of the pond.
• Isolation and identification of bacteria through bio-chemical tests.
• Detection of bacterial genes by polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
• Prevention of early (seed) through vaccination anti Aeromonas hydrophila (HydroVac)
• Disinfection of aquaculture facilities before and during the maintenance of fish
• Giving immunostimulan element (eg addition of
vitamin C in feed) are routinely during maintenance
• Avoiding the occurrence of stress (physical chemistry. Biologist)
• Improve overall water quality, particularly reducing the levels of dissolved organic material and / or increase the frequency of replacement of new water
• Management of fish health in an integrated (fish, environment and pathogens)
• Oxolinic acid at a dose of 10 mg / kg body weight of fish / day for 10 days
source: Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries of Indonesia, Directorate General of Aquaculture, Fish and Environmental Health Directorate, 2010