NATURE AND BIOLOGICAL Morphological characteristics - water beetles larvae
1. Cursory elongated body similar to centipede / centipedes (body composed of nine sections and two tail segments).
2. The body length of approximately 1.3 to 2, 5 cm (which adults can sometimes reach 3 cm).
3. Comparison of total body length with a total width of the stomach about 7: 1.
4. Yellow brown body color and some are green.
5. Has three pairs of segmented legs-sections.
6. Having a pair of highly poisonous canines right in the head end.
7. Having two pairs of antennae on the head.
8. Has exactly one pair of eyes on either side of the head.
1. If swimming in the water, the tip of her tail frequently to the surface.
2. Swim slowly in a rising and falling and will dive to the bottom when there is an animal nuisance.
3. Swim slowly with legs and the tip of its tail.
4. Sucking the body fluids of fish seed by first biting the abdomen.
5. Attached to the pool wall or the timber upright while spying the approaching fish.
6. Having the cannibals: kill, fight and sucking each other's body fluids.
source : Khairul Amri dan Toguan Sihombing, PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama, 2008