Filthy disease (fouling Disease)
Cause: Zoothamnium spp., Epistylis spp., Vorticella spp.,. Acineta spp.
Bio - Ecology Pathogens
• Generally caused by microorganisms of the group
Protozoa, although often associated with algae
such as Nitzschia spp., Amphiprora spp., Navicula spp.,
Enteromorpha spp., Etc.
• Complex infection will interfere with the movement of microorganisms, especially shrimp larvae, difficulty eating, swimming, and the process of molting because gill organ and / or whole body filled with penempel organisms.
• Factors triggering the explosion of the disease, among others, high density, malnutrition, high levels of organic matter, and fluctuations in water quality parameters, especially temperature
• Swim to the surface water and body-colored opaque / dirty
• Gills are infected with reddish or brownish color
• Weak, difficulty breathing and decreased appetite, finally dies
• The process of molting (moulting) are blocked, and the resulting inflammation of the skin
• Visual observation of behavior and clinical symptoms that arise
• Microscopic observation to see the morphology of organisms through the production of preparations penempel review of organ skin / mucus, fins and / or gills.
• Disinfection of containers / plot maintenance and sources of water that is free of microorganisms penempel)
• Improve overall water quality, particularly reducing the levels of dissolved organic material and / or increase the frequency of replacement of new water
• Giving immunostimulan element (eg addition of
vitamin C in feed) are routinely during maintenance
• Stimulate the process of molting through manipulation of water quality parameters which is a determinant factor
• Shrimp are attacked by "fouling disease" by the level of
low prevalence and intensity, treatment can
performed with several types of disinfectants, among others:
✓ Soaking in a solution of formalin at doses of 25-50
ppm for 24 hours or more
source: Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Republic of Indonesia, Director General. Aquaculture, 2010