Pests and disease prevention in
Just like other fish, catfish sangkuriang not be separated from the threat of pests and diseases. Disease affecting sangkuriang catfish most often caused by environmental conditions that are less supportive, such as water quality (especially temperature) under standard or stress due to the fault handling sick fish. Meanwhile, the usual pests attacking sangkuriang catfish include snakes and eels, while organisms that attack pathogenic form Ichthiophthirius sp., Trichodina sp., Monogenea sp., And Dactylogyrus sp.
Poverty entry of pests of seedlings can be done by providing a recommended insecticide when filling the pond water, clean the pond dikes, and put plastic around the pool. Pathogenic organisms prevention can be done with the cultivation of environmental management is good and a regular feeding and inadequate. Treatment can use drugs recommended. environmental management can be done by doing a good pond preparation. If you need to improve the condition of pool water by adding a probiotic material.
Treatment of fish that have been stricken with the disease can be done by giving the drug in accordance with the type of illness. Sometimes, a disease that attacks would rub off. To prevent this, there are several steps that can be done rescue as follows. :
- As soon as the fish catch and destroy the disease.
- Immediately move the fish are still healthy condition to the other pool. Reduce solid stocking.
- Do not throw water fish used to channel water sick.
- Drain the pond that had been infected by the disease, then clean the bottom of the pool of mud and organic ingredients. After that Do Calcification using agricultural lime (CaO) with a dose of 1 kg / 5 m2. Drying is done until the bottom cracks crack ¬-lime and stocking done equally, including in the dike.
- Recharge your new water into the pond periodically.
- Equipment and containers of fish caught must be kept so as not contaminated with the disease. Likewise with our hands, should be disinfected by washing them in a solution of PK. Disinfection of instruments made by dipping into a solution of potassium permanganate (PK) 20 ppm (1 g in 50 liters of water) or 0.5 ppm chlorine solution (0.5 g in 1 m3 of water).
- Provide a highly nutritious feed and increase the fish immune system by providing vitamins.
Source: Khairul Amri, S. Pi, M. Si and Khairuman, SP Agromedia Pustaka, 2008