SEEDS WHAT FISH?
Understanding of fish seed is the name of the newly hatched fish to achieve a measure of body length from 5 to 6 cm (Sachlan, 1975).
In the scientific language of the seed known as larval fish (fish fry). In the instructions SNI (Indonesian National Standard) of fish, fish larvae mentioned that the phase or level of fish seed which was 4 days after eggs hatch until they reach the age of 90 days and have different criteria with adult fish (Anon, 1999)
food fish in the form of micro-organism that is renik plants (phytoplankton) and animals renik (zooplankton) feed the need to seed in one day reaching 60 - 70% of body weight.
The highest mortality rate occurred in the fish at fish seed food reserves have run out of egg yolk has been constant in his body.
naming of fish seed for some species of fish have their names on the basis of length, age and body weight. such as naming for carp seed groups are:
- Larva: maximum age of 4 days, minimum total length of 0.6 cm,
- Kebul: maximum age of 20 days, the total length of at least 1 cm, minimum weight of 0.2 grams
- Putihan: maximum age of 40 days, the total length of at least 3 cm, weighs at least 3 grams
- Belo: The maximum age of 70 days, the total length of at least 5 cm, weighs a minimum of 6 grams,
- sangkal: The maximum age of 90 days, the total length of at least 8 cm, minimum weight of 10 grams
naming for carp seed group
- Larva: Age 1 to 12 days, the total length of s / d 0.5 cm
- Seed Oyong: age 12 - 30 days, the total length of 0.5 to 1 cm
- Leaf Kelor: age 30 - 60 days, the total length of 1 to 2.5 cm, weight 0.5 to 2.5.
- Razor: age 60 - 90 days, the total length of 2.5 to 4 cm, weighs 2.5 to 5 grams
- Ticket: ages 90 to 120, the total length of 4 to 6 inches, weighs 5 to 10 grams.